Since Estonia joined the European Union in 2003, the number of foreigners living and working in Estonia has increased substantially. According to the Estonian Population Register Centre, as of January 2021, there were 199,452 foreign citizens living in Estonia, which is roughly 15% of the population. And this number continues to grow.
Many immigrants living in Estonia find themselves in need of legal assistance at some point, but often don’t know where to turn for help. There are many reasons why a foreigner might need legal assistance in Estonia. Perhaps you’ve experienced immigration-related issues or need help filing for divorce. Or maybe you’re considering starting a business in Estonia, and need advice on the paperwork and procedures involved.
Whatever your legal needs may be, LEGID is here to help. Our app provides easy, affordable access to legal advice from qualified lawyers in Estonia and throughout Europe. With LEGID, you can get the answers to your legal questions quickly and easily, without having to leave home.
Moreover, LEGID is specifically designed to support foreign expats living in Estonia. We understand the unique challenges you face, and we are committed to helping you navigate the legal system with ease. With LEGID, you can rest assured that your rights will be protected and that you won’t be discriminated against or charged extra fees just because of your foreign heritage.
Here are some of the best ways that LEGID can help you as an expat in Estonia:
1. If you need legal advice but don’t know where to start, LEGID can help. With our platform, you can easily find qualified lawyers who can help with your specific legal needs.
2. LEGID provides a simple and easy-to-use interface, making it easy to get the legal advice you need, and when you need it.
3. LEGID offers affordable prices, so you can get the legal help you need without breaking the bank.
4. Our platform is available 24/7, so you can get the legal advice you need, no matter what time of day or night it is.
5. With LEGID, you can get legal advice from attorneys all over Europe, without having to leave your country.
Moreover, below is a list of resources that can be leveraged in conjunction with LEGID:
LEGID partners with Work in Estonia – a resource that provides information and advice for foreigners who wish to work in Estonia.
LEGID partners with the e-Residency Marketplace – a platform where foreign nationals can find valuable resources and services for working, living, or doing business in Estonia.
Invest in Estonia is an organization that supports companies interested in starting or expanding their business operations in Estonia. Their website provides valuable information and resources for entrepreneurs, investors, and businesses.
The Police and Border Guard website is a resource for foreigners who need help with issues related to immigration, residence permits, work permits, visas, citizenship registration etc. Their website provides detailed information on how to navigate these processes and find the support you need.
One of the most interesting legal topics for expats is Estonia’s e-Residency program. Launched in December 2014, the e-Residency program is a government-issued digital identity that allows foreigners to conduct business online in Estonia.
The e-Residency program is open to anyone in the world and offers a wide range of benefits, including the ability to:
- Start and run a company in Estonia
- Easily open a payment account in Estonia
- Access to the European Union’s Digital Single Market
- Use Estonian e-services, such as digital signatures, e-commerce, and cloud storage
- Run an EU company from anywhere in the world
If you’re interested in learning more about the e-Residency program or how LEGID can help you take advantage of its benefits, contact us today. We’d be happy to answer any of your questions.
To sum it up, if you’re a foreigner living in Estonia, or just planning a trip to this beautiful country, be sure to sign up for the LEGID app at www.legid.app and take advantage of our legal services. Our lawyers are waiting to help you with all your legal needs, big or small.